Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook This link opens in a new window Add to Google Calendar This link opens in a new window Share page on Twitter This link opens in a new window
Screen Printing - Guided Access In-Person
Screen printing is a technique where a mesh stencil is used to transfer ink onto a shirt, poster, or other material. If you are a first-timer or a seasoned printer, BLDG 61 is a great space to experience the craft. Screens and ink are available with access to the equipment.
You are signing up for printing time / press access. Making your screen and cleaning up can (and should) occur before and after your timeslot during Open Studio hours (1pm - 6:45pm).
If this is your first time printing, makerspace staff is available to guide you through a demo project.
You are welcome to bring up to four guests to assist you with printing. You will all be working together on the same project.
- Space is limited, registration is required to secure your spot.
- Ages 13 and under are welcome under the supervision of a responsible adult.
- Users may only register for one Screen Printing Guided Access session per day. Additional registrations will be canceled.
- Materials can be purchased from BLDG 61 or brought from home. If using your own materials, staff must approve those materials before use.
- Be prepared - You can get help with your designs and prepare your screen for printing during BLDG 61 Open Studio hours.
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are also available on select lab computers at Boulder Public Library's main branch.
- All attendees must fill out our Acknowledgement of Risk and Release Form prior to use of makerspace.
Generously sponsored by the Boulder Library Foundation.
- Wednesday, Oct 12 2022 Show more dates
- 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- BLDG 61 Makerspace, Main Library
- Adult Teen
- Classes & Activities BG61 - Screen Printing STEAM
Registration has closed.
Screen Printing Equipment and Supplies
- Riley Hopkins 1 Color / 1 Station Press with 6 variable platten styles
- Vastex Infrared Conveyor Dryer with 18" belt
- Precoated 18" x 24" aluminum screens with 110 mesh
- Baselayr X-Series Exposure Unit with compression lid and 15 second exposure time.
- Washout Booth with Power Washer
- Epson 1430 Transparency Film Printer
- 13" x 19" Film
- Squeegees / Scoops
- Plastisol Ink for garments
- Acrylic Ink for paper