Laser Cutter - Guided Access In-Person
Sign up for a Guided Access session to build your fluency with the laser cutters under the guidance of BLDG 61 staff.
- All patrons are required to watch the Laser Cutter Tool Orientation prior to use and check in with staff before sending their first job to the equipment.
- Space is limited, registration is required to secure your spot, ages 14+.
- Users may only register for one Laser Cutter Guided Access event per day. Additional registrations will be cancelled.
- Users are allotted up to 15 minutes of laser operation per day and will share access to both of BLDG 61's lasers with up to five other users during this event's hour-long time slot.
- Materials can be purchased from BLDG 61 or brought from home. If using your own materials, staff must approve those materials before use.
- Be prepared - You can get help with your designs and prepare your file for cutting during BLDG 61 Open Studio hours, which run all day while other guided access events are occurring.
- Adobe Illustrator is also available on select lab computers at Boulder Public Library's main branch.
- All attendees must fill out our Acknowledgement of Risk and Release Form prior to use of makerspace.
Generously sponsored by the Boulder Library Foundation.
- Wednesday, Oct 5 2022
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- BLDG 61 Makerspace, Main Library
BLDG 61 Laser Cutters
The makerspace has two Epilog CO2 laser cutters. The Laser Cutter Tool Orientation Video focuses on the operation of our larger 40-watt laser, but the techniques you'll learn will apply to both machines.
BLDG 61 Material Settings Reference Document
Epilog 40 Watt Fusion
- Cutting Area: 40" x 28"
- Max Optimal Cut Thickness: 3mm (1/8")
Epilog 75 Watt Helix
- Cutting Area: 24" x 18"
- Max Optimal Cut Thickness: 6mm (1/4")