Thursday, Nov. 26 & Friday, Nov. 27 – All in-person services will be closed for Thanksgiving and a city-wide furlough day.
Main Library is open with limited services. At-risk individuals specialized hours are Monday – Thursday: 9 – 10 a.m.
Meadows Branch Library has holds carryout appointments. Returns are accepted at Main Library and Meadows Branch Library.
Tween Time: Water Color and Resist Dye Online
Register below to attend this online workshop suitable for tweens, ages 9-13. Pick up your materials kits for this workshop at the Main Library, between July 20 - July 27 during our open hours M, T, Th, F, Sat 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. OR Wednesday 2 p.m. - 7 p.m.
In this class, we’ll talk about a few different methods you can use when painting with watercolors and creating different effects on paper. We’ll also learn tricks to control where watercolor soaks into the paper and create some cool patterns using the method of resist dyeing. Combining all we’ve learned, we’ll then talk about how to turn your pieces of art into cards, so you can share your masterpieces with others. Come learn some new tricks and up your painting game!
- 3 sheets of 140lb watercolor paper
- 1 set of watercolors with brush
- 1 sponge brush
- A flat brush and a thin brush
- 1 ramekin of masking fluid
- 1 small rubber eraser
Additional Supplies needed by participant:
- 1 cup of water for cleaning paint off brushes
- 1 cup of water for the sponge brush
- 1 cup of warm soapy water for cleaning off the brush you use masking fluid on
- Smock/apron (or wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty!)
- Newspaper/something to put water color paper on top of while painting
- A salt shaker
- Wet paper towels or baby wipes
While watercolor paint wipes off of skin with warm soapy water, it will adhere to cloth and is very tough to get out. It's best to put either a plastic table cloth, wrapping paper or newspapers on your workspace.
To find out more about other activities for youth, teens and adults visit the Boulder Public Library's Summer of Discovery website. Be sure to track your reading and activities to collect your prizes by Aug 31, 2020. Generously sponsored by the Boulder Library Foundation.